Monday, June 30, 2008
Results:)
I received the call from the nurse today about Andew's test. The biopsies came back to show that he is fine, and there is no damage to the tissues. So that was great to hear. The pH probe showed that Andrew has a very high level of pH in his system. I asked the nurse what this means. She said he has acid reflux, "REALLY!!!!!!" At first I was so mad that we went through all of this for them to find the answer we have been telling them since the start of this entire thing. So we are now going to work on adjusting his medication to help him get what he needs. He is on prevacid and another medication that speeds up his digestion. We are also going to increase the amount of milk he gets. The paper she gave me states that he needs 26-28 oz of milk per day. He is currently getting 20 oz, so we are going to get that started tomorrow.
It will be nice to feed Andrew until he is full and not have to watch him cry at the refrigerator.The nurse also said that she wants us to call next Monday and see how things are going. They are willing to change anything they need to adjust for him at this point.
I am so glad that I pushed for this test. I did not feel they listened to me until they say it in the test. During the time that he had that probe in his nose, I felt like I was the worst mother in the world. Now I am thankful they were able to see that I am not the crazy mother that is overreaction about a little spit-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How frustrating! I am glad though that they took you seriously enough to do all the tests though.
Post a Comment