My Weight Lose

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 27, 2008

We made it!!!!

Monday was a very long day and it is finally over.  The procedure did not take that long.  We arrived at Cooks at 6:30 in the morning and went in to get things started.  The procedure did not start till 8, so the hardest thing was keeping Andrew calm.  He had not eaten since 8 the previous morning.  The doctor said that she did not see any thing that needed to be concerned about.  She went on to say that she thinks it is a matter of over feeding him.  I asked how much she thinks he needed to eat from food and milk.  She asked if we had received the page that she has it all written out.  I said no and so after we were released we went and picked it up.  (I was very surprised to see this page.  It has almost doubled the food that I have been feeding him.)  The hardest thing I have to say was when we walked into the room after the procedures.  To see my son laying on the big bed trying to move and not be able to tore my heart in half.  
We were released and the even harder part started.  Andrew was left with  pH probe in his nose that was connected to a machine.  From that point till 6 in the morning, the probe would stay in his nose.  Plus, anytime that he would change positions, spit up, cough, cry, eat, or stop eating we would have to push a button documenting when it happened.  Because of this, Andrew was not allowed to be on his own.  He had No No's on his arm, soft restraints that would not let him bend his arms.
It was a very long night and I was very happy to see 6 o'clock come around.  We will get the results by Monday. 
We have started adding food to his diet. It has started to help.  We are also giving him two different medicines three times a day that help with the acid and the other one helps speed up the digestion process. 

No comments: