We had a wonderful day for Andrew's first birthday party. We had 15 people come to celebrate this day. Papa Wasson and Nancy drove up to join us as well.
Here is the cake I made for Andrew. We had a pumpkin theme, since I call him my little pumpkin. Anthony made the banner that is in the front of the cake. It was a battle to get him to do it, but it is a great touch now that it is finished. I even made the frosting myself this time. I still have a lot to learn but I think it was good for someone that has not have any classes.

Anthony and Ashley helped open the presents and made sure we knew what everyone gave Andrew.

This is what Mom and Dad bought Andrew. He loves to play outside and this will allow him to spend yet more time out there.
Andrew did not know what to think of the cake we gave him. After he realized that Mommy was not going to take it away, he dug right in. Here is a series of photos of how he got dirty.




I think to day went well. I only had a few moments were I started to cry. I know in my heart that I do not want any more children. However, I find it very sad that this will be my last first birthday party for my children. I love them all so much and I enjoy almost every moment of mother hood. They make me laugh through the whole day. The hardest part is know that his is it.
As I putAshley down for bed, I asked her what her favorite part of the day was. She replied that it was meeting all her new friends. Things like this make life seem worth all the hard time.
Happy birthday Andrew, your Mommy loves you very much!!!

1 comment:
It looks like it was a fun day! Happy birthday Andrew!
Post a Comment